The Club Continental in Orange Park, Florida is on of my favorite wedding venues in the area. They’re tucked away from one of the main roadways in Orange Park (SR17). Surrounded by great Florida oaks, it’s a secluded gem with Spanish architecture flair. This historic wedding venue hosts weddings of up to 300, but I’ve seen events as intimate as 75.
They have a great indoor and outdoor space, and are able to host both the ceremony and reception, they also have on-site accommodations (making getting ready easy), ample parking, and a beautiful waterfront view.
The outdoor patio is shaded by a massive oak tree and is usually used for the ceremony, as well as the cocktail reception. Inside there are four main rooms – one that is usually dedicated to dancing, one for food service (or in the case of a plated meal, a photo booth works great), and the other two for dining/guest seating. One of the four spaces has a window wall, so there is great natural light. It also has a neutral flooring and paint color, so it looks great with almost any color theme.
The rental fee includes:
- Site for wedding ceremony
- Up to 125 chairs for ceremony, standard tables and chairs for reception
- Tables for cake, guest sign-in, gifts, and entertainment
- Highchairs and booster chairs
- Set-up and clean-up of ceremony and reception
- Standard white tablecloths (not floor length)
- Cocktail napkins, silverware, white china and glassware are provided on food stations for buffet meals
- Full set-up on guest tables including linen napkins is provided for plated meals
- Use of the club’s toasting glasses and cake knife
- Cake service
- One (1) Bartender is included for parties of 75 guests or more
- Manager on Duty to oversee the event staff
January, February, July, and August are considered off-season, so they usually have specials pop-up for bookings in these months.
The food here is also fantastic. My favorite option is the buffet with added stations- it keeps guests from getting bottlenecked in one area and creates a nice flow throughout the evening. The Shrimp & Grits station is a Southern favorite, and the Risotto station is a crowd pleaser.
If you opt for a plated course (great for larger parties), I’m told the Shrimp Stuffed Grouper is amazing!
If you are still searching for the perfect venue, The Club Continental should be on your list to see! The point of contact is Special Event Coordinator, Carla Sparks. She’s been there for quite some time and does a great job! She can be reached via email at email@example.com or phone at 904-264-6070 ex. 113